Some Interesting Facts About the World Kids Should Know
Do you struggle to pique your children's interest in science? Or do you want to make studying more enjoyable and engaging?
In this blog post, Eagle Rock CA playschool teachers have shared some wonderful science facts for kids from various areas so you can sit down with your child and read this information with them to pique their interest!
They are all information that will excite children and pique their interest in learning more about these areas.
Some Incredible Science Facts for Preschool going Kids –
- As there is no atmosphere for sound to pass through, space is completely quiet!
- Planets with no solid surface, such as Jupiter, Neptune, Saturn, or Uranus, cannot be walked on! They're largely made up of several gases.
- Neil Armstrong was the first person to set foot on the moon in the year 1969.
- 8 minutes! Yes, in just 8 minutes sunlight reaches Earth.
- After Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune, Earth is the third planet from the Sun and the fifth-biggest planet in our solar system.
- The moon is Earth's only and the largest natural satellite!
- Earth is the only planet in the solar system with life.
- You must be surprised to know that The Great Barrier Reef in Australia is the world's largest coral reef. It stretches for roughly 2,00kilometerses and is made mostly of coral islands and reefs.
- It takes your body around 12 hours to digest food after you consume it.
- Human brain consists of nearly 100 billion nerve cells. Is not it surprising!
- Every day, your heart beats around 1,00,000 (1 lakh) times.
- In thcenterre of the ear is the tiniest bone in the human body. The stirrup is 2.8 mmmillimeterses) in length.
- Every day, your mouth generates around a liter of saliva!
- Human teeth are powerful like shark teeth! In Childcare Eagle Rock CA, kids find this fact quite fascinating and interesting.
- A fully developed adult's body contains 206 bones, but a newborn baby's body contains 300 bones.
- Dogs are renowned as "man's best friend." They are excellent assistants and may be trained to assist persons with impairments as well as do activities such as hunting, farming, and security!
- Dogs have an incredible hearing ability and can detect noises from four times the distance that humans can.
- Dolphins are among the most intelligent and fun water animals! Their cognitive development is comparable to that of humans.
- Dolphins have also been recorded living in huge groups, hunting and playing together!
- Elephant is the biggest land-dwelling animal on the planet.
- The eyes of an eagle are approximately four times sharper than those of a human.
- The tiniest bird in the world is the bee hummingbird, and the largest bird in the world is the ostrich!
- To hover, the hummingbird flaps its wings at speeds ranging from 80 to 200 flaps per second.
- The ostrich is also the world's fastest running bird, with a top speed of 70 kilometres per hour!