Some Healthy and Easy-to-cook Recipes for Preschoolers
If you are parents of toddlers, you would agree that many times kids start throwing tantrums at their mealtime. But as parents, you can not compromise their health which is highly dependent on the consumption of nutritious foods. So, if you are looking for some recipes for your fussy eater, you can try these healthy and easy-to-cook recipes as suggested by the nutritionists of Pasadena, CA.
1. Beetroot Cutlet : You can prepare this dish for your kids to have as evening snacks.
- Beetroot (grated) – 1 bowl
- Mashed potatoes – ½ bowl
- Oats – 2 tbsp
- Chia seeds – ½ spoon (optional)
- Salt – according to taste
- Coriander leaves
- Olive oil – 1 spoon
How to cook :
- First, take a medium-sized bowl and put shredded beetroot (wash and strain the water well), mashed potatoes, baked and crushed oats, chia seeds, coriander leaves, and salt together in the bowl.
- Now, mix all the ingredients properly and prepare its cutlet in different shapes.
- Preschool teachers suggest parents use just a drop of olive oil on a frying pan and spread it evenly.
- Now fry the cutlets on the pan until it gets brown from both sides.
- Serve hot with some sauce.
2. Baked Crostini : This is quite easy to prepare. It will take hardly 40 to 50 minutes to cook.
- 1 breadstick or a sourdough bread of your choice
- Olive oil – ¼th cup
- Garlic cloves – 2 to 3
- Garlic salt
- First, slice the baguette into slices. Try to make each slice ½ inch thick.
- Then, take one mixing bowl and mix olive oil and the minced garlic.
- Apply this mixture evenly on each slice.
- Marinate these slices with garlic salt and keep them aside for some time.
- Add baking soda to the bread slice and bake them for around 10 minutes in a preheated oven at 350 degrees.
- When the edges of the bread start turning light golden-brown take the bread slices out from the oven.
- You can add their favorite toppings to make them more delicious for your kids.
3. Spaghetti with fresh tomato sauce
- Spaghetti – 200gm
- Finely chopped shallots – 2
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Lemon zest – 1
- Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Caster sugar – 2 tbsp
- Diced tomato – 300 gm
- Mozzarella – 125 gm
- A handful of torn basil leaves
- Follow the pack instruction and cook the pasta.
- Add shallots, oil, lemon zest, vinegar, sugar, and tomatoes into a big mortar.
- Then add sea salt and bash everything together.
- Drain the pasta and toss it with the mixture.
- Add mozzarella and sprinkle basil leaves and serve immediately.
4. Tofu Smoothie With Berries – You can serve this smoothie once they come from their Preschool center.
- Berries– 2 cups (approximately)
- Tofu – 1 cup
- Milk – 1. 5 Cup
- Banana – 1 medium-sized
- Ice (optional)
How to cook :
- Wash and add all the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend them properly for a minute. It will turn into a smooth and soft mixture.
- To get the desired consistency you can add sugar, ice, or water.
- Your smoothie is ready. Now serve it in a glass.