3 Easy Recipes for Cooking with Kids
Did you know that cooking with kids can boost their development?
Stirring the cake mixture, measuring 2 tablespoons of flour, rolling out the dough, all these cooking tasks help children improve their necessary academic, cognitive, and motor skills. You must be surprised to know that every time you ask your kids to help you prepare a meal, you are actually providing them the chance to be independent. Preschool teachers suggest parents cooking with kids offers a wide variety of opportunities to learn and grow. But please be careful in choosing the recipes that you can cook with your kids. Recipes should be kids-friendly and easy-to-prepare.
So, if you are wondering what you should cook with your preschooler, please try these recipes.
Mini Pepper Pizzas: You can prepare these cute pizzas in just 30 minutes. Sounds unbelievable? Please read through the recipe here.
- Green, red, yellow bell peppers – 4 nos. (halved and cored)
- Extra-virgin olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper (freshly ground)
- Pizza sauce – ½ cup
- Mozzarella cheese – 2 cups (shredded)
- Parmesan – ½ cup (finely grated)
- Mini pepperoni – 1/3rd cup
- Chopped parsley – 1 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Take a sheet tray and drizzle peppers with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Now spread pizza sauce onto each pepper half and sprinkle some mozzarella and parmesan. Top the whole thing with pepperoni.
- Bake the whole thing for 10 to 15 minutes, until the peppers are crispy and tender and cheese is melted.
- Garnish the pepper pizza with parsley before serving.
- Flour – 1 and ½ cup
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Baking powder – 2 and ½ tsp
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Milk – 3/4th cup
- Maple syrup – 2 tbsp
- Melted butter – 2 tbsp
- Lightly whisked egg – 1
- Vanilla extract – 1tsp
- Ground cinnamon – ½ tsp
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- Take a large bowl and mix all the ingredients – flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Now stir in the milk, maple syrup, butter, egg, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Now, fill in the patterns with color, using the fine point color pens.
- Now, divide the batter evenly between the mini muffin cups.
- Bake the cups for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Your pancake poppers are ready. Serve them warm with maple syrup.
- Bread – 4 slices
- Peanut butter – 1/3rd cup
- Jelly – 1/3rd cup
- Strawberries – ½ cup (chopped)
- Blueberries – ½ cup
- Graham crackers – 1/4th cup (crushed)
- Cut the slices of bread into round-like shapes.
- Spread peanut butter, jelly and sprinkle some strawberries, blueberries, and graham crackers on the slices of bread.
- Top the whole thing with a little bit of honey, fold like a taco and serve.
You can try these kids-friendly and easy-to-prepare recipes at home and encourage your little ones to help you in the kitchen. They will feel responsible and proud of their achievement.