Ease Your Struggle with Separation Anxiety on The First Day of School with These Tips
It is a real challenge for the parents when they drop their child at the Preschool La Canada Flintridge, CA for the first time. There are so many feelings like anxiety; sadness, fear, and confusion mix up in mind that we barely express ourselves. The parents really don’t know whether to console themselves or assure the little one before the first day of their school. It is also common when the child changes to the new classroom as the shift of the known ambiance can make a huge effect on those tender minds.
It is the positive parenting that can make a huge difference in this transition period. It will help to ease out the separation anxiety among the child and parents as well. There are many ways that can comfort your anxious kid who is worried to think about the temporary separation. You can connect with the teachers of the Child care Altadena, CA to build a relation on the basis of mutual trust.
Here are some excellent tips that will help you and your child to prepare to handle the separation anxiety:
1. Go to the school together : If possible make some arrangements to visit the Child care Altadena, CA together with the kid. Make him familiar with the classes and don’t forget to visit the playground. When you will have a tour with him of the school, it will ease out the anxiety of the unknown place. It may be excited your child to attend the classes.
2. Involve the child in the process : The child may be very anxious to start a new school or a year. To ease the transition, you can involve her in the process of preparing for the school. Take her to the stationary shopping so that they can choose their own backpack, lunchbox, and water bottle.
3. Treat Yourself : As the parent, you may be dealing with your own set of anxiety. To ease them out you can consult with your partner, friends or any other family members. You can also contact the teachers and other parents from the school also. In this way, you will get to know about the place, comfort level and security that will assure you about the stay of your child in the Preschool La Canada Flintridge, CA.
4. Establish a Routine : The main challenge of the playschool is to establish and follow a strict routine. As you have to meet the pickup time for the school where you have to do several things, you just cannot take chance to do everything slowly. From waking him up to make him eat breakfast, there are so many things you need to do in that limited time. Stick to the routine is the only solution for it. The more you can do is involving the little one to participate in this task.
5. Discuss the day : After coming back from the school, the first thing you have to do is giving her a tight hug that will relieve all the worries from both. Now, ask eagerly about the day and what has happened in the school. If your child shows some concern, you need to validate that but never unnecessary exaggerate that. It will make all of your struggles quite easy and hassle-free.